Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Awesome day!

This was my seventh day off in a row!  This nursing thing definitely has some advantages.  I didn't even have to take any time off!  I got my bike rack on (actually, I did that last night, but it was late enough it didn't make it into the blog).  Here's a pic:
I've found my bicycle lock, too.  I'd be all ready for shoppin' if I could just remember where I put the key to my lock.

Hannah earned another movie today.  We got four cartoons at a garage sale for a $0.50 each, and Hannah has been earning them for playground accomplishments.  The poor thing is pretty scared of playground equipment, but today she climbed up an arcing ladder 5 times and a pirate ladder 6 times!  I spent about an hour with her at the park and she had a lot of fun.

We went to Wal-Mart and picked up some banker boxes for storage.  Ariana decorated them so they look nice.  The stripes were already on them, but the flowers and leaves are Ariana's.  I think she's really good!


Then we roasted marshmallows in the backyard.


Four dollars at Wal Mart for the Sterno can, and $2 for the roasting sticks!  Did you know they have flavored marshmallows!  We had strawberry and chocolate/vanilla combo.  Ariana's is the burning one.  Mine has chocolate stuffed inside.  I like the way the heat softens the chocolate.  The strawberry marshmallow stuffed with white chocolate is also very good.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using a bike for errands. The boxes are really cute. Is it a decal or did she paint them? Parenthood is wonderful and it sounds like you really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete